Work injuries can be frustrating. The good news is that chiropractic care from us at Chirolove Spine & Wellness Center serving Secaucus, NJ, can help you overcome your work injury to help you go back to work faster than you may think.
Why Do Work Injuries Occur?
Even if employers try to make the workplace safe, it’s always tricky to reduce work injuries to a zero level. Injuries occur in the workplace because of the following:
- Falls and slips
- Faulty equipment
- Heavy lifting
- Falling objects
- Poor work ergonomics
If you have a work injury, you should visit a chiropractor to treat the root cause of your pain. Otherwise, if you delay treatment, your injury will worsen and become hard to treat.
Common Work Injuries
You can sustain several injuries in the workplace, whether you are a construction worker or sit all day in the office. Common work injuries include:
- Neck pain: If you maintain an incorrect posture when sitting on your chair, you may develop neck pain since your poor posture puts pressure on your neck. Whiplash may also occur when you slip or fall, causing micro-tears in your neck’s tendons and ligaments.
- Back pain: Heavy lifting, twisting, and bending may add undue pressure on your spine, causing neck pain.
- Shoulder pain: If you carry heavy objects, you may hurt the muscles and joints in your shoulder, resulting in pain and stiffness.
- Headaches and migraines: Your work environment may trigger headaches and migraines. Noise, poor lighting, and other poor work conditions may result in constant head pain.
- Wrist pain: If you constantly use your hands, such as typing, this action may strain your median nerve in the wrist, resulting in pain, tingling, and numbness.
A work injury shouldn’t keep you away from your workplace for an extended period. Book an appointment with a chiropractor on our chiropractic team to help decrease your recovery time.
How Chiropractors Treat Work Injuries
Instead of using medication and surgery, a chiropractor uses natural remedies to treat work injuries. Common chiropractic treatments for work injuries may include:
- Spinal manipulation: This remedy aligns out-of-position joints to reduce pressure on the nervous system, which reduces pain and improves mobility.
- Lifestyle counseling: We help you maintain a proper posture when sitting or lifting objects at work. Besides, we advise you on a proper diet plan to hasten recovery.
Visit Us for Chiropractic Care for a Work Injury from a Chiropractor on Our Wellness Team
Are you looking for chiropractic treatment in Secaucus, NJ? Schedule an appointment with us at Chirolove Spine & Wellness Center for treatment from a chiropractor on our chiropractic team. Call us at (201) 293-4697.